Enigmail in Thunderbird
Okay, so only after 3 failed attempts at installing enigmail did I look up “enigmail Thunderbird” in search engines.
After that it gets simple. You think.
Just don’t use the Wizard for generating the private/public key pair. The bar in the generation window of the wizard does not work and that means you have NO idea whether something is happening at all. The generation of the key pair can take up to ten minutes … and apparently some aren’t even done after twenty minutes.
Tested, and found guilty of working properly.
- Mozilla Thunderbird 3.1.10 Released (ghacks.net)
- Using apt-get to Install Programs: A Beginner’s Tutorial (helpdeskgeek.com)
- What are pgp signatures for? (ask.metafilter.com)
- How to sync Blackberry With Thunderbird (screamable.com)
- What is PGP? (brainz.org)